Ayham N. KHWAJA
Vladimir State University named after Alexander and Nikolay Stoletovs (Russia);
PhD in Economics, Assistant Professor; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROBLEMS AND PROMISING DIRECTIONS OF CULTURE AND MUSEUM TOURISM IN THE COUNTRIES OF THE “ARAB SPRING”
This article deals with problems of the modern state and prospects of the culture and tourism development in the countries of the Arab Spring. The social and economic and political analysis are given, the brief review of the development of the Syrian cultural tourism in particular is made.
The article discusses the feasibility of the cluster approach in the field of culture and tourism, as well as the structure, specificity and conditions for the formation of cultural and tourism clusters in the Arabic region. On the basis of generalization of the world experience of culture and tourism development the author offers the following areas: revitalization of the non-profit organizations (NPOs); international humanitarian tourism intervention; formation of “museums of peace” for development of peaceful or pacifist (as type of cultural tourism) tourism; establishment of eco-museums; integration of different types of museums and creation of a museum network that would be named “World Arab Museum”.
The article reveals the role of tourism in resolving inter-national and inter-ethnic conflicts, strengthening of friendly relations between nations and promoting peace in the region.
This experience is not only relevant for the Arab Region, but for all the hotspots of the world in the current crisis situation.
Keywords: Arab region, tourism development, culture tourism, peaceful (pacifist) tourism, cultural and tourism cluster, museum of peace, “World Arab Museum”.
1. Riviere, G. H. (1985). Définition évolutive d’écomusée. Museum, 37, 182-183.
2. Tarasova, I. Yu. (2011). Dinamika politicheskoj roli turizma v istorii Rossii [The dynamics of the political role of tourism in the history of Russia]. Mir i politika [World and Politics], 5(56), 104-109.
3. Uskova, T. V. (2008). Razvitie regional'nyh klasternyh sistem [Development оf the regional cluster systems]. Ekonomicheskie i social'nye peremeny: fakty, tendencii, prognoz [Economic and Social Changes: Facts, Trends, Forecast], 1(1), 92-104.
4. Erhard, L. (2001). Wohlstand für Alle. Econ-Verlag Düsseldorf, 1957.
5. MacEoin, D. (2015). The Destruction of the Middle East. Gatestone Institute. Available at: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4973/destruction-middle-east-antiquities (Accessed on August 07, 2015).
- Khwaja, A. N. (2016). Problems and promising directions of culture and museum tourism in the countries of the «Arab spring». Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma [Service and Tourism: Current Challenges], 10(2), 72-78. DOI: 10.12737/19507. (In Russ.).