Tatiana I. OKONNIKOVA a,
Mikhail A. SARANCHA b
a Udmurt State University (Izhevsk, Russia); PhD in History, Associate Professor; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
b Russian State University of Tourism and Service (Moscow, Russia); PhD (Dr.Sc.) in Geography, Professor; e-mail: email@example.com
FROM THE HISTORY OF FORMATION OF THE MUSEUM-ESTATE OF P.I. TCHAIKOVSKY
The article considers the main stages of development and modern directions of the museum-estate of P. I. Tchaikovsky in the city of Votkinsk. Museum of composer P.I. Tchaikovsky in Votkinsk opened in 1940 on the base of the house of mining headman I. P. Tchaikovsky – the father of the great composer. P. I. Tchaikovsky was born in this house and lived here until the age of 8 years. Since opening and until today, the museum has undergone several scientific restorations, the last of which was completed in 2015, the year of the 175th anniversary of the birthday of the great composer. In addition to the memorial house, manor complex, comprising 6 buildings, has been fully restored, noble Park has been reconstructed. There is a monument to P. I. Tchaikovsky in front of the house. It was created by the renowned sculptor O. Komov. The museum has permanent and seasonal exposure; the yearly music festival "In the homeland of P. Tchaikovsky" is held here since 1958. The museum holds traditional and interactive tours, festivals, musical evenings. The museum-estate of P.I. Tchaikovsky is the cultural heritage object of Federal importance, an attractive tourist site, which is treated as a basis for the development and implementation of the project of tourism cluster "Tchaikovsky" in Votkinsk. The reconstruction of the events based on archival sources using historical methods of study is the basis of this research. In addition, methods of analysis and synthesis, comparative and descriptive methods were used. The research results allow to observe the sequence of actions that led the museum from the destroyed state to the status of object of Federal importance and worldwide fame.
Keywords: museum-estate of P. I. Tchaikovsky, Votkinsk, the history of the museum formation, activity in modern conditions.
1. Botjanovskaja, T. (1941). V detskoj muzykal'noj shkole im. Chajkovskogo [In the Tchaikovsky children's music school]. Leninskij put' [Lenin’s path], no. 70 from 25.03.1941.
2. Kozlov, N. А. (Ed.). (2014). Gordost' Votkinska [the Pride of Votkinsk]. In book: Kul'turnoe nasledie Votkinska [Cultural Heritage of Votkinsk]. Votkinsk – Izhevsk, Paracelsus Print.
3. Anshakov, B. Ja. (Ed.). (1978). Dom-muzej P.I. Chajkovskogo v Votkinske [P. I. Tchaikovsky house-museum in Votkinsk]: Guide. Izhevsk, Udmurtia.
4. Anshakov, B. Ja. (Ed.). (1974). Dom-muzej P.I. Chajkovskogo [House-Museum of P.I. Tchaikovsky]: Guide. Izhevsk, Udmurtia.
5. Fedulin, A. A. (Ed.). (2015). Nauchnoe obosnovanie prioritetnykh napravlenii, optimal’noi struktury i mekhanizmom razvitiya turistskogo kompleksa Klinskogo munitsipal’nogo raiona Moskovskoi oblasti [Scientific substantiation of priority directions, the optimal structure and mechanism of development of tourist complex of the Klin municipal district of the Moscow region]. Report on scientific research work № 1/dated 06.02.2015. Moscow, RSUTS.
6. Rukavishnikov, N. (1940). V muzee P.I. Chajkovskogo [In the P. I. Tchaikovsky museum]. Leninskij put' [Lenin’s path], no. from 07.05.1940.
- Okonnikova, T. I., & Sarancha, M. A. (2016). From the history of formation of the Museum-estate of P.I. Tchaikovsky. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma [Service and Tourism: Current Challenges], 10(2), 127-133. DOI: 10.12737/19514. (In Russ.).